Well, some of you know I've had minor surgery yesterday. Some of you also know that I had to go back to the doctor today because he didn't quite FINISH what he started. Here's a tip to any doctor that might be reading this:
DO NOT STICK A SWAB LOADED WITH HYDROGEN PEROXIDE AN INCH AND A HALF INTO YOUR PATIENT'S INCISION AND EXPECT THAT YOU WON'T GET SLAPPED.
He did call me a trooper for bearing all that pain with NO pain killer. I told him I wouldn't take that job :-)
OK...I feel a little better now that I got that off my chest. Hydrocodone t-minus 14 minutes and counting...THEN I WILL FEEL GREAT!
Anywho...an update for you all. I returned my Blackberry Storm a couple weeks ago and got a Blackberry Curve. I wanted to love my Storm...I really did. And there was alot to like. Unfortunately, the one thing that you really HAVE to like about the phone is the one thing I could not get used to, and that was the touch screen keys. It was taking me so long to type a text message that I was almost dreading doing it, where pre-Storm, I'd sooner text than talk.
I've touched base with a few "lost" friends on Myspace and Facebook this week, and that's been really, really cool. One especially was good to hear from, although I won't say who or why. But it was really nice.
Still in the process of planning my trip in March. Keep your fingers crossed that I will be purchasing my tickets a week from today. We also picked up our lease renewal, and they are not going to raise our rent this year if we decide to stay. WOO HOO....that's a really good thing, since TECHNICALLY I have taken a small pay cut. No...not really, but hell, my insurance premium, my co-pay for office visits and my co-pay for prescriptions all went up and I didn't get a raise this year "due to budget constraints", so yes, I think I took a pay cut, all things considered.
My favorite Trooper called a few minutes ago to check and see if I was still alive because he hasn't heard me on the radio in a week. I assured him that since I answered the phone, I was in fact very much alive. He's so funny...and kind and caring....and the biggest goofball walking two legs. You just gotta love people like that...those that are blessed with gifts that make others smile even when you've done nothing. I'm not one of those people...LOL.
Well...that's about all...my hydrocodone is calling my name, and if I want to even make an attempt at going to work tomorrow, I had better go take it now.
Black Pipe Bar Shelf
6 years ago




3 comments:
as I told you before... I hope you heal up fast! Way to slap the Dr... they need it sometimes (as we've learned by dealing with DRG).
btw- I love the layout background of your blog... very pretty
ouch!!!! hope it heals fast for you. I have been debating upgrading to the Storm, but have been concerned about not liking the touch screen myself. I am thinking I will wind up with the Curve. Thanks for the heads up.
As the guy who performed all the home post-op "clean-up" on two C-sections, I learned really quick how to make a woman draw back a fist.
It only took once.
Post a Comment