CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Talk About A Letdown!!!

HA! The "big annoucement" was such a tease. Turns out it was an internal Verizon email sent to its employees telling them that the Blackberry Storm is coming...but it doesn't say when or how much it's going to be, and tells the employees that when customers start asking about it, they should refer them to a website...and the website isn't even up yet!!!!!

Crackberry.com has also posted some leaked internal pics of the phone (someone could get fired for that BTW), and a leaked video of the Storm. I wasn't much impressed, but it really could be the quality of the video and pics that makes it look bad. Speculation abounds on the internet, and part of the speculation is the cost. They are guessing it's going to be $299 WITH a 2 year contract!!!

So you ask...."Dawn, what did you do?" I'll tell you what I did. I went to Verizon last night and bought a Blackberry Curve. I figure I have 30 days to try it out and see if I like it. If in that 30 days some better pictures of the Storm come out and I think it's actually WORTH paying that much, I can take the Curve back and wait for the release of the Storm (which is still being rumored at Nov. 1). I will only be 2 weeks with my old phone at that point. The Curve was only $99 and I might like it enough not to even THINK about the Storm. We'll see, and I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: