CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Why Am I So Busy???

Well, as it turns out, the rest I was hoping to get while I'm on vacation from work is just NOT happening. I might as well have been going to work, I think I'd be less tired!!!!

I spent the day Tuesday cleaning and doing laundry. I had taken some steaks out of the freezer and was planning on a quick dinner before watching the premieres of some of my shows, and then just vegging out in front of the tv. NOPE...didn't happen. Instead, Joe's mom called and said she was going to be in town taking his grandmother to the doctor, so we decided to go out to eat with them, and when we got back from dinner, we loaded Brandon's keyboards into her van so she could take them to him. Didn't sit down until about 9pm.

Wednesday Joe dragged me out so early in the morning I don't even want to think about it. Most of you know me well enough to know that I am SOOOOO not a morning person. It typically takes me an hour after I get out of bed before I even start to even THINK about getting ready. So when I woke up at 9:30 and he wanted to be out of the house by 10, needless to say, my day was NOT going to go as I had hoped, but I digress.

We are planning on going to a shooting competition Saturday morning, and he wanted to practice. Since it's ME that really wants to go (he won't admit he wants to go worse than I do), I had to go out and watch him practice. We drove out to a friend's house...he has an open field where shooting is legal...and Joe set up his targets at 25 feet. Bless his heart, he couldn't hit a dang thing. He set up bowling pins too...at about 15 feet...and missed them too!!! It's really not like him to shoot that badly, so I figured something must be wrong with the gun. I asked him to let me try, and I'll be damned...I knocked the 5 pins down in 5 shots. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad...but secretly, IT FELT AWESOME!!!! :-) Meantime, I got to thinking it's definately time for him to get his eyes checked. If his life depended on having to shoot someone again, he might miss...and that's not good.

After we left our friend's house (it was really hot out there), we went to lunch, and then hit the indoor shooting range. Air conditioned ya know!!! I didn't even ask how he did...if he had done better, he would have told me. I sat in the lobby watching The First 48 on my ipod. From there, we went to the Chiropractor, then came home, threw dinner in the oven, tried...to no avail....to take a nap, ate dinner and we were off to church.

Today was a little more slow paced. I met a girl I work with for lunch today. We have the same days off, so I was surprised when she called me last night asking if I wanted to go to lunch today. She said she was coming to town to go to the mall, and thought while she was here she would take me out to lunch for my birthday. She's so sweet, and we always have a good time when we're together. She's the one that was yelling at the gas pumps...I THINK I told you all that story.

Tomorrow it's off to run some more errands. Have to go to the bank, run to work to look for some missing items I believe might be in my locker, then to the Verizon store to get Joe a new phone. Once I get back, I have to transfer all his junk from one phone to the other, and then wipe clean my Blackberry Pearl. One of the guys he works with fell in love with it and wants to buy it. Thankfully, tomorrow night is weekly chat (I thought we were moving it to Thursdays, but nobody was there tonight) and Joe will be either sleeping, getting ready for work, or gone!

Saturday I will be up at 5:30 in the morning (UGH) to go to the shoot. It starts at 8, so we leave at 7. I'm going to be REALLY tired!!!! Of course that will mean I will go to bed good and early, which is perfect for Sunday since I have to be at church at 8am. After both services, we will go to lunch at Longhorn, where I will order a Chocolate Stampede for my birthday dessert...and then who knows what Joe will have planned for the rest of the day. I know one thing....Sunday night is some good tv...and thats what I plan on doing!!! Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters all start up again that night!!!! As Ang would say....DOPE!!!

My glasses still haven't come in I guess...haven't gotten a phone call yet. I hope they come in soon because I'm really struggling. I'm hoping they will be in by the time I go back to work next Friday. We've got alot of new software coming in this week and I want to make sure I can see what I'm doing...especially since my paycheck depends on one of them. We have gone to reporting our timesheets over the internet now...and if I screw it up, I'm only screwing myself!!!

I guess that's all for now folks...thanks for reading!!!

1 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

Isn't that how it goes? If we are lucky enough to get a few days off we wind up using them to "catch up" on housework, bill paying, errands, etc? It sucks, I know.
Hope you enjoy a bit of your staycation. I am anxious to see Desperate Housewives this weekend too! Have to see where they are going to go from where they left off.....