CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Getting Excited!

No....not THAT kind of excited!!! Get your mind out of the gutter. The release date for my Blackberry Storm is getting closer, and while it STILL hasn't been announced, I've decided that my Curve is going back to the store next week, and I will be BBless for what I hope is only about 3 weeks. There's still speculation that it will be released the first week in November.

Today is my Friday and I'm excited to be off for a few days. I know...I was just off for 10 days. But have you ever taken off work for about a week, and then go back and just really not want to be there? Well, that's what's happened. I'm sure I will be fine when I come back on Friday, but it was just NICE being home and not having to be here every day.

One of the guys called me today when he heard me on the radio to welcome me back. He had been off at training when I came back Friday and had the weekend off. He asked me how my birthday was, and we talked for a while...he's really just so sweet....and REALLY funny. Every time I talk to him, I end up in tears from laughing so hard.

My Captain is having his annual district cookout on Friday. He does this every October since he's been Captain. He spends the whole morning cooking for everyone who works in our district. Secretaries, dispatchers, troopers....everyone. Last year he made BBQ chicken. This year he is making rib-eye sandwiches. He brings these monster grills here to our HQ, and sets up tables in the hangar (we used to have a helicopter here) and we all have lunch together. It's nice to see some of the guys from the far out counties that we don't get to see every day, but even nicer that our Captain takes the time (and his own money) out to do this every year. After all, there are about 100 of us working in this district. And bless his heart....he was informed this past Monday or Tuesday that he is now acting Captain of a second district as well!!!!!

Have I mentioned that I'm super excited to find out when the Storm is finally going to be released??????

2 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

As usuall you crack me up with your tech stuff! Let me know about the storm though.... I am still not so sure I wanna keep the blackberry pearl I just got... can't make up my mind. Ugh... always something new and "better" huh?
Enjoy your BBQ! And your Friday!

Remo said...

I hope you have fun with your new dingleberry. Mine were a pain in the ass.

:)