As most of you know, my birthday was exactly 2 weeks ago. What most of you DON'T know, is that Joe's birthday is today. The difference is I turned 42 and he turned 40.
For the past 2 years, I've had to listen to all the jokes from him about being "in a whole other decade", and how he's "still thirty-something" and I'm "over the hill."
Typically, on his birthday I would get him a cute/funny card, as well as a sweet/mushy card. NOT THIS YEAR. I searched for the 'OVER THE HILL" signs, I searched for the black balloons. Apparently folks in the south take this pretty seriously and WalMart is afraid of lawsuits after suicides from the 40+ set, because there was none to be found.
I did, however, find a card that said something about how now that he turned 40, he would often find himself walking into the bedroom, and then stopping and asking himself what he went in there for in the first place.
The county and city cops have started having a "cookout" on the midnight shift every Sunday night. Joe decided last week that for this week's little fiesta, he would cook some chili. After church today, we had lunch with some friends to celebrate his birthday, and then I came here to work and he went to WalMart to get the fixin's for his chili. Upon arriving home, he started to prepare it....browned the ground beef, got his tomato junk, beans, pulled the crock pot out and set it on the counter. He then called me FREAKING OUT because he couldn't find the lid for the crock pot.
I typically store the lid ATTACHED TO IT in the cabinet, so if it was lost, I sure wouldn't know where to look for it, but told him to search the cabinets. He got irritated and hung up. A few minutes went by and he called me back and said "Hey....you know that card you gave me about going in the bedroom not knowing what I went in there for?" and I said "Yes." He said "Well, it was prophetic, because I just found the lid to the crock pot. It was right where you said it was. When I took the crock pot out of the cabinet, I set it off to the side and forgot about it."
HA!!!!! See if I let him live THAT down for the next 2 years!!!
(HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!!!)
Black Pipe Bar Shelf
6 years ago




4 comments:
That's why I started hanging my car keys on my zipper. I'm less likely to forget where I put either one.
It does make it hard to open the driver's door.
Now THERE'S a visual I probably could have gone an eternity without!!!
Oh My Goodness!! That is too funny! Way to get em Dawn! Hope you all had great Birthdays.
LOL Dawn, Great story!!! love it :)
Post a Comment